Monday, October 27, 2014

Rose-colored Glasses


It was an autumn picturesque day.

The sun was shining in grand splendor, the sky as blue as it could be. The leaves on the trees complementing God's creation in vivid color.

The reds deep and rich, the yellow/golden trees vibrant and the orange trees bursting in an I-am-autumn kind of way. It was all so much to take in and every where I looked I was in awe.

Midday, realizing I was wearing sunglasses, I took them off to see their true colors. To see them more magnificent.

While it was still a pretty autumn day, it wasn't nearly as brilliant with the lenses of my sunglasses removed.

Off. On. Off. On. Off. On.

I couldn't get over the difference between pretty and picturesque. The duller version versus the vibrant. I hadn't seen the colors as they truly were because my lenses enhanced so well and it made me feel bad that I what I thought I was seeing and loving, I wasn't.

Truly, it was seeing through the cliche of rose-colored glasses.

My perspective had been enhanced.

My mindset in the way of looking at the scenes in front of me provided me a different attitude and an angle of seeing colors differently. From ordinary to extraordinary.

It was more the shock that it never occurred to me as I was taking everything in in awe, that I wasn't seeing things as they really were.

So, I put my sunglasses back on.

I choose to see colors more brightly. I prefer to see colors through rose-colored glasses for enhancing sake. I want to see life in vibrant colors versus ordinary.

Rose-colored glasses is a perspective much like our perspective and lenses we choose to see things in life.