Sunday, October 12, 2014

Je ne sais quoi

The best part of turning 42 years old is turning 42 twice!

David gets his age confused because I am two years older. When I asked him how he felt about his approaching birthday I learned he thought he was turning 43, which made turning 42 years old again even sweeter.

Happy birthday, David Franklin!

We kicked off this 3-day birthday weekend with both of us taking a vacation day Friday.

The morning began with a Breaking Bad Walter White breakfast ...


Then we drove an hour south to pick up our 1st vehicle we picked out together, a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 

I let him know so there was no confusion going forward, he may be making all the payments, but truly this is our 1st vehicle together.  Jeeps are my thing. After we test-drove a couple vehicles, he asked me, as he always does, what colors do I like.  

We agreed together on the dark forest green with the light tan interior.

There. Ours.

The Jeep model, colors and diesel could only be found in New York, so it was truly a surprise when we went to pick it up and see it for the first time. It was perfect!

Luxury meets adventure. A perfect complement of us. 

Stopping for lunch on the way home we found a new winery we have never been to. Stopping for lunch and sampling a few wines in an impressive setting we both admired added an unexpected Je ne sais quoi.

We took turns driving the hour ride home and had only 15 minutes to freshen up, change into dress clothes and head north for his birthday surprise!

For WEEKS I have been jumping up and down in my mind excited for David's birthday and his birthday surprise is about to be pulled off in grand production. 

Dressed up and driving in our new vehicle we put in navigation the address of somewhere we have never been. Risky? Yes.

It was stunning!





The ambiance and the piano music made an excellent setting. 

Our waiter placed unexpected clue cards in front of David throughout our meal:

  Clue #1 -  Our seat numbers

  Clue #2 -  Our row number  *At this point he was convince we were going to a concert after dinner

  Clue #3 - 
Sloopy lives in a very bad part of town
And everybody yeah, tries to put my Sloopy down
Well, Sloopy I don't care what your daddy do
Cause' you know Sloopy girl I'm in love with you


And so I say now

Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy hang on

O  H  I  O


I handed him his gift bag that held our tickets to the OSU vs. Michigan game and he was stunned.

PRICELESS.

I handed him his birthday card that said how much I loved him, then a final clue card ...

   Clue #4 said "Oops, One more ..." and inside said,

We're Invited
to a
TAILGATE PARTY!

The whole day was wonderful!

We came home, got comfy, had birthday cake and watched episodes of a new favorite tv show, Airplane Repo.



For all you are
and for all we are together

<3

Happy Birthday to the best thing
that ever happened to me.