Saturday, December 14, 2013

Finding the Good

In my office my colleague, Lauri, and I were talking about who knows what, pick a topic.

This week she was trying to tell me a story and before she could get it out, she was bent over rocking in her chair wiping the tears from her eyes, and I was laughing so hard at her, I was wiping my own tears. I didn't even know what she was about to say!

We have eight hours to talk about any subject. I've learned that anything can come out of her mouth and I no longer brace myself, but value and appreciate her candid honesty, transparency, her huge heart, and our new friendship.

One day we were discussing a frustrating topic and frustration was getting the best of me when she said, "You need to find the good. You have a way about you that can find the good in anything."

That was like a reset button.

I can choose to focus on things I cannot change or I can find the good in every situation. Start listing the good things and dwell in those thoughts.

There is a purpose for everything.