Tuesday, December 24, 2013

In Full Celebration!

I woke up this morning to snow-covered everything, hooray for a white Christmas!

Christmas Eve is here which puts Christmas in full celebration. There is *magic* and *fairy dust* in my heart. I'm ready.

Ready to pull off a Christmas Eve and Christmas day production in our home with memories I hope my daughters look back, remember fondly, and recreate for their families one day.

Everything looks the same year after year. Our decorations I've often thought I should change for change-sake, but continue to use because they are ours and a warm, familiar memory.

Yet nothing is the same. This is our 1st Christmas with David, the perfect addition to our family. Sammy Blue as the sweetest littlest addition to our family. Our 1st Christmas without Grammy & Papa, snowbirds, who headed south early. My brother and I will be changing Christmas day tradition for our kids this year.

Life continues to change, yet our Christmas traditions remain the same.

Today will consist of running to the store early to pick up country-style ribs for a different kind of Christmas dinner tomorrow, all-inclusive with cheddar parmesan biscuits, mashed potatoes, and sweet corn. Making chocolates and a birthday cake. Going to my church for an early Christmas Eve service this afternoon by myself, then my brothers church for their evening Christmas Eve service with family.

I want to bask in praise and worship today being amongst Christians celebrating the birth of Jesus. 

Merry Christmas Eve