Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Balance Restored

In the midst of the blur of Christmas hustle-n-bustle I knew I needed to find my balance.

Days on end of my teenagers excited to be off of school for a 2-week winter break wanting to run and have fun like human tornadoes in my home and eating everything in site, the finishing touches of baking and wrapping, Christmas Eve preparation and services, little sleep, Christmas morning excitement of gifts being opened, this years new annual tradition of The Great Christmas Scavenger Hunt racing all over town for clues and calling Grammy & Papa in Florida including them, family time together, a family movie, and Christmas dinner in my home is Christmas accomplished and exhausting.

Months of preparation and planning, two whirlwind days, and I needed to slow down after Christmas.

My rejuvenation and balance is when my home is clean and I get needed quiet time. First things first, get my home clean and in order so the rest of my life falls in place.

December 26th - organize and put away Christmas presents, wash floors, clean out the frig, clean my home.

How many more days will be girls be home on winter break? :)

Mariah at her dads. I made arrangements with Debbie to take Brooke for a few hours. Calm is being restored.

My home is back together, the planets in alignment, I'm ready.

In swoops David ... we get in the car and head north. We are not sure to where, no destination in mind, but someplace out of town and end up in Cleveland for lunch.

Knowing we have hours alone, we drive back home to finish watching the last several episodes of season one of Boardwalk Empire.

Snuggled on the couch for hours on end, cuddle time with Sammy Blue, a fire in the fireplace, the Christmas lights glowing, and stopping in between for a quiet dinner with just the two of us.

Balance restored.