Friday, November 29, 2013

True CHRISTmas

I woke up at 5:00 a.m., opened my eyes, and remembered something was different ...

Yesterday I woke up to Thanksgiving. Today I woke up to Christmas in my home.

The soft glow of the Christmas tree lights, the fireplace promising cozy movie nights by a warm fire. Endless holiday music. The wonderful 25 Days Till Christmas on television every night for those of us who have only one favorite reality show airing right now. Christmas tree festivals and lights. Sugar cookies and fudge. Dressing  up in your Christmas-best celebrating Christ's birth at church. The anticipation and growing excitement in every childs heart.

Christmastime is magical.

Careful planning and preparing to not participate in holiday madness. Taking a stand against all things commercialized and keeping the glory on true CHRISTmas.

Black Friday, you are as gross as American's at an all-you-can-eat buffet.