Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Perfect

I was sharing, most likely something David and I did together with a friend when she asked me, "What don't you like about him?"

Hmmmm.

I thought. I pondered. And I could only come up with ...

"There is nothing I don't like about him. I know he is not perfect, but he is my perfect."

When I was young, I remember being in the senior high department in church when we were asked to write down the top 10 list of wants we wanted in a guy. I don't remember what I put down, but I'm sure it was a list of wants that was hard for any man to fill.

Then my dating years began ... I like this quality of this guy and that quality of another. Add years then decades of this. Eventually it becomes a blur and I am going on 17 years being divorced.

What were all those details that once upon a time I wanted in a man?

Every little detail was heard and wasn't forgotten by my God.

Details I had forgotten about that I recognize in David that I remember I forgot I wanted. God never forgot.

The neatest part is, it was in the senior high department at church that I met him. He was right there, but it took two decades for our paths to cross again.

Twenty years ago, I had such a crush on him. Twenty years later, I have exactly what I've always wanted and being twenty years older, I know the value and true worth of my perfect.

.