Saturday, November 30, 2013

Smoke and Mirrors

Smoke and mirrors is an expression when someone distorts and blurs the facts with artful deception to fool another. They resort to tricky inventiveness to make something look attractive and appealing to deceive you from the truth.

Much like a magician, they believe their cleverness creates an illusion to have what they want to you to believe exists, when in fact it doesn't at all.

What angers me more about the ignorance of smoke and mirrors is that it puts me in a position of playing along as if I am a moron they think they are fooling or calling them out on their charade, exposing them as a liar, and their illusion as a fraud.

In the end, I will simply remove myself from the situation. Confrontation or cleaver exposure never ends on a good note.

For me it is a matter of time and making myself absent.