Thursday, November 14, 2013

How Much Do I Love Thee?

Mariah called last night from her dad's that she was having a hard time and she was on her way home to talk, which is usually her walking in the door and the tears flow.

Stress is consuming her. Her dad's health is doing so poorly that she is stressed just being at his house. Senioritis says she was ready to graduate last year and is beyond sick of school. Then, her heart longs for another and she is learning about life and relationships.

[Slide David in the picture.]

Our healthy male perspective and sound counsel. He patiently talks with her and explains relationships from a man's point of view, as a friend and positive male role model in her life.

She cries. She asks him the same uncertain questions over and over again. All the while, he is seeing the inside of a teenage girls mind and heart.

The conversation takes a while, the storm is calmed for the moment, and Mariah heads back to her dad's house.

I snuggle up to David on the couch and put my head on his shoulder as we nestle down to watch a new and quickly favorite reality show.  He leans over and kisses me and says, "I couldn't wait to see you all day."  *happy sigh*

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways.