Thursday, November 28, 2013

Know What to Embrace


I saw this picture under one of the Believe In the Magic of Christmas posts on Facebook, which has been a wonderful addition to things I enjoy this holiday season.

I read this and re-read it. As a person who believes everything happens for a purpose and what is meant to be will be, I ponder the thought that while I do believe in those things we have free-will and choices to make that ultimately direct our path.

Thinking back, there are a couple times where I wish I would have embraced a relationship or a moment I really wanted to have, but I thought I had time. I didn't.

Sometimes our windows of time are very small and in an ever-changing world life doesn't afford a HOLD button while we take time to make a decision.

For example ... your dream job presents itself. If you don't respond within the timeframe the position is open, it will be filled by another who won't let the opportunity pass them by.

Endless windows of opportunities present themselves throughout our lifetime with limited timeframes where we are given a choice. Regretfully, are those choices I knew I wanted, thought I had "time" to only have another day happen, the winds shift, and the opportunity slip away forever.

There is a fine line between faith that says what is meant to be will be versus free-will and choice.

Know what to embrace and act on it as if the winds may shift and your window of opportunity closes.