Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Unconventional Ways

How does God speak to you?  In what ways do you hear His voice and know He is gently guiding and letting you know He is there?

I am job hunting.

Remaining open to what comes next in life, I absolutely believe that God knows already and there is purpose to where I will go for a season or until my days working are done.

It is for me to remain open, to search, and to remain open. Yes, I repeated myself because my internal radar says that it could be anything. For some that may be scary, for me I'm curious. 

Every. Single. Day. I pour over job opportunities and apply to many every day.

There is silence. Not a bite on positions I far surpass in qualification, positions that would challenge myself, and everything in between. It is that wall that says to sit still. I am in tune to God, so I know there is a reason.

I am sitting still, but going stir crazy.

I smile often and want to squint my eyes at God and say, "Okay, what are you up to now?" I do put out my wants every day as if He may forget. I want a job that pays significantly well. I want a job that brings me immense satisfaction. I want the perfect job that I have been prepared for and I want the ideal hours that will complement my life and those most important to me.

Divine intervention here, please!

Out of no where I randomly thought of Joel Osteen. I haven't read anything from him in months and honestly, I needed a little inspiration. My Magical Highlighter met me there and I got the message as clear as a sunny day ...

Follow This Man’s Example if You Want to See

In John chapter nine, Jesus was traveling through a town. He encountered a man who had been blind since his birth. Jesus went over to the man. The blind man had heard that this healer was in town, a man who could perform miracles, and he was so excited. Out of all the people in the city now Jesus is standing before him. No doubt someone had told him how Jesus touched another blind man's eyes and made him see; or how Jesus had spoke and a little girl was healed. He probably heard how Jesus prayed for a leper and he was cleansed, or even that He commanded a dead man to come back to life. There were many different methods Jesus used to heal people. I can imagine this blind man was expecting Jesus to do something like He had done before.

As Jesus stood before the blind man, I can imagine you could hear a pin drop. Perfectly quiet yet filled with great anticipation. The blind man is probably waiting to hear Jesus speak a word of healing; but instead, all he hears is Jesus spitting on the ground. Imagine what was going on in his mind. "I thought He was going to pray for me. I thought He was going to touch my eyes. Why is He spitting?"

Jesus made mud out of dirt and his spittle and He placed it on the man's eyes. Jesus was unconventional. There was no precedent for this ever happening before in the Scripture. Elijah never did it, Elisha, or Moses. This was the first instance this method had ever been used. The blind man could have said, "Get this off of my eyes. This doesn't make sense. This isn't going to do any good." But he didn't. He didn't have God in a box. He stayed open. Then, Jesus instructed him to wash it off. When he did, he could see perfectly clear for the first time.

My question today is: are you open for God to use a new method to bring your dreams to pass? What if God answers your prayers differently than you were expecting? What if He doesn't use the people that you thought He would use? Are you going to follow this blind man's example and stay open and say, "God, I trust You. Do it Your way," or are you going to have God in a box and miss your miracle?
___________
 

The words were not in bold print, but they mind as well have been. I got the message.

I believe what comes next for me may very well be different than what I would expect in the normal. It is safe to say, I am actually pretty much nervously expecting this.

It is for me to stay open.