Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Summer of 2013

Summer break has officially come to an end in our home.

My girls are back to school [Thank you, Jesus!] and I find myself guilty of much pensive reflection summing up the summer of 2013.

Accomplishing more than I anticipated for this summer, I look back in awe of the constant blessings in my life.

My favorite summer activities enjoyed from biking, hiking, tennis, picnicking, strolling in botanical gardens, endless walks in the parks, patio lunches with girlfriends, tons of girlfriend time, much needed at home time with my both of my girls. Windows open and my mornings spent quietly with a cup of coffee writing as the favorite start to my day. I even launched my women of the Bible site that has been a thought for many years.

Unanticipated time off work this summer, still with no regrets.

My mental checklist of household projects for this summer totally accomplished.

Falling in love. I smile in reflection of the romantic trips ... to Headlands Beach, listening to bands play outdoors under the stars on warm summer nights, a spontaneous trip to Put-In-Bay, surprise destinations where I wasn't allowed to know where we were going until we got there, ice cream cones, days spent on a Harley in the summer sun behind the sexiest guy, cooking/grilling together, endless hours spent on the patio talking, sharing, and learning about one another.

Time.

I had time for all the things I love. For all the things in life that are important to me.

I don't take time for granted. I appreciate every single gift in my life, God knows my grateful heart.

Summer is a season. Lavishly blessed and covered in protection in so many ways, I look back on this summer as a gentle rain of blessings that continue to cover me.