Sunday, August 18, 2013

Date Night Movie

Somebody has such a crush ... on my guy!

Brooke has drove me nuts for well over one month to see the movie The Purge. He suggests the three of us going together to see this scary movie last night and made one little girl extremely happy.

For the rest of the world The Purge probably isn't scary, but for me it has been literally years upon years since I have watched anything less than a romance or comedy movie. I don't like to be afraid.

Brooke was giddy with happiness. She called shotgun climbing in his truck and during conversation driving there, I notice she has on make-up and her new dress I just bought her that day.

She looks as if she is on a date. With my boyfriend!

In her excitement, she stakes a claim about his truck, "if/when/someday/married ...his truck." She just said that! I'm not sure exactly what, how she phrased it, her words became a blur. She put it out there as matter of fact that the sun will come up in the morning. My eyes flew open and as my head turns to look out the window to disguise my wild eyed expression, I believe I caught in my peripheral vision his head turning to me. Probably in the same wild eyed expression, but I'm uncertain. This all happened in 1.2 milliseconds. There may have been 5 seconds of awkward silence, again my brain was in echo mode and I cannot even say what was said for the rest of the ride to the theater.

My little girl bursting at the seams with happiness all dressed up, going to see this scary movie she has been desperately wanting to see, and my guy was making it happen for her.

Giddy with happiness. Non-stop chatter. I want to throw ice water on her to cool her off.

It was everything she wanted it to be.

Me? I kept my eyes shut and face buried in his shoulder at least 1/2 of the movie and kept thinking "happy thoughts" to drown out the scary sound effects.