Thursday, May 3, 2012

Really Bad Girls Of The Bible

God continues to impress me!

Browsing through the books in my church’s library, my eyes ran across the book, Really Bad Girls of the Bible.
The author, Liz Curtis Higgs writes, “Whether they were bad and proud of it, bad for a good reason, bad but not condemned, their lives demonstrate one thing: God’s sovereignty. Honey, we’re talking “Thy will be done.” Period. The unstoppable power of God to press forth with his mighty plan for mankind, not working around our sinful choices but through them.”
Whew, feeling better? I am! I love when my sinful nature makes a bit more sense. 
This book is part two to Bad Girls of the Bible and the title alone has me smiling and anxious to read their stories!
When I think of women of the Bible, I don’t think of women who are holier than thou, that made it into the holy Bible because they were sin-free.
Our Miss Behavin’ sisters of the Bible wrestled with sin-filled natures, the very same way we do; however, their journey through pain, struggle, wants and desires, to those who ran to the battle line thousands of years before us were a part of God’s plan.
This is not a free pass to indulge in guilty pleasures. It is a reminder that we are simply not without sin.
Grace. Understanding. A beautiful love.
History captured in the Bible, a God-breathed template for our lives. He knew we wouldn’t be perfect. He knew we would need it.
You can find a piece of yourself in many of these women. The Bible is like a letter from God meeting us where we are.
As long as we are alive, God has a plan. We may be the leading diva in His plan or we may play a lesser role, given our choices.
Regardless, “Thy will be done.”