Tuesday, May 8, 2012

An Invisibile TAXI Sign

I have an invisible "TAXI" sign on my car. An invisible sign with perfect timing.

Mariah's dad and I have worked opposite shift on purpose since she was born.  Initially, so we didn't have to put her in daycare. Later, because it became convenient.

One of us were always there to provide taxi service to and from sports practice, monthly orthodontist appointments, doctor appointments, if she forgot something at home, etc. 

Eric had the "day shift" because he worked night shift.

Since my time off, Lou Gehrig's has aggressively advanced. No longer can Eric drive. Physical therapists and nurses come into their home daily. Respiratory problems have hit faster than I ever imagined.

In my mind, I assumed it would be a slower process where he would be in a wheelchair for a while before breathing issues began. Not the case.

A 4:20 a.m. text comes through from my Mariah this morning, a text that turned into a phone conversation. Lou Gehrig's is taking its toll on my daughter.

I am beyond thankful for this period in my life where I am home for my girls. 

I now provide all the taxi service and it feels as if there is always someplace that someone needs shuttled to. 
 
Everything happens for a reason. Perfect timing in an imperfect situation. God in control.  

My knee is healing.

All of a sudden, it feels 85% better than it did only days ago. I am hopeful the damage wasn't as extensive as it originally seemed and surgery isn't in the forecast.

I haven't got time for the pain, but I do have the time to provide taxi service.