Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New(s)

There were a lot of new(s) this week.

A new laptop I finally bought myself after my older one finally gave up a week ago. Glad, I couldn’t wait to have a new & improved model and be done with the dinosaur that I have used for years.  
A friend referred me to a computer guru who diagnosed and provided a wealth of technology information for FREE and is available when I need help.  Invaluable.
Nine years ago, I inherited an already older gas grill that had replacement parts through the years to keep it going.  I had to light it with a lighter from underneath after I turned the gas on. No longer unsafe, I replaced with a brand new stainless steel, multi-burner, electric start model.  

A new walk-behind mower with a deck twice the size and the power to pull me up the hill replaces my small push mower.  
A new favorite lotion.  For a quarter of the cost I would normally buy?  Priceless.

The season premiere of The Bachelorette began this week. Monday nights just got better!
Spring flowers planted to create a warm and inviting retreat on my patio.  Home should be a place of refuge and it is.

A follow-up to the orthopedic surgeon for the results of the MRI test shows surgery is not needed, now.  I have a small medial meniscal tear with sprain and swelling, but it should heal itself in weeks if I don’t further injure it.
A tear.  Sprain.  Swelling.  Why didn’t think to use crutches?  Instead, I bought tennis shoes.  Denial or positive thinking?

New things.
Good news. 

Blessed.