Friday, May 18, 2012

She Writes

My Brooke has a way she expresses her feelings to me when she is upset and doesn't want to talk.  She writes.

This week she has had a virus for days that has left her without energy and feeling lousy. Without a fever, I try to push her out the door to school. Thus, the letters begin:

{A large mountains and a little mountain}
Large mountain: "Rise and shine my little baby. Today we have a busy schedule."
Little mountain: "Ok mommy. But to be true I don't feel good."
Large mountain: "Ok then, but remember I love you this much." (Over a giant sun that is rising between the two mountains.)
 
 ~~~

{A mommy & a little girl walking hand-in-hand}
Dear Mommy,

I love you so much. I couldn't ask for a prettier, thin, nice, funny mom because you're the only one. I could never pass a mom like you up.
                                                              Love, Brooke

You give me a big smile!  (A giant smile, includes braces)

~~~

My girl writes to express herself. She also gets bonus points for adding the magical word "thin" into her card to me. It's a word she likes to use with me when she is being super loving.

I was surprised to see nice cards. Usually, she writes down her frustrations of how she is feeling.

Once upon a time, I used to write my thoughts and feelings when I couldn't express myself the way I wanted to. These were usually emotional and touchy letters. Poor Bobby has been the recipient of these through the earlier years.  When I would get angry, I would often hear him say in sarcastic tone, "You should write."  I did.

When I began this blog 1-1/2 years ago, I really didn't think I would have much to say.

Then I wake up to another day.