Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Zen

 


Zen, a state of calm attentiveness in which one's actions are guided by intuition. To feel peaceful.

When there is too much commotion going on in life, I've learned I can quickly bring myself back into balance being in nature and/or a calm and quiet home.

Honestly, I wish I would have learned this at a younger age when I used to run around like my hair was on fire stirring embers of white noise that shatters peace.


After back to back weddings this weekend, church this morning, lunch and plans with Brooke, and plans with David tonight, I knew when a text came through from a girlfriend wanting to get together this afternoon, I had to pass. And, I've been wanting to see her! It was the only window of quiet I have in my day and instead of making everything happen, with a day trip tomorrow, I needed a few hours of quiet. 

The sun is shining, windows are open, and it's is a gorgeous afternoon. Perfect to do a few things I wanted to do and perfect to simply think through details without white noise being louder in my head than my own thoughts. 

God gave us a sound mind, yet people are more of an emotional, stressed out mess now more than ever. Yes life gets too busy, but be intentional about peace and quiet, too. 

[Meant to post Sunday afternoon, but tall, dark, and oh so handsome walked through the door.]