Thursday, October 14, 2021

The Romance of House Hunting

 


I was sharing with a colleague today how romantic it was when David and I began house hunting.

Holding hands, dreaming of our home together... so hopeful. "What do you like, honey?" "What do you like, babe?" Can you feel our excitement, our happiness? The home we find together is where our journey will begin and we decided together we would leave no stone unturned. 

Well, we've turned over every stone, we've jumped through hoops, conflicting work schedules, and raced to early morning and evening home tours to be aggravated at hope and excitement turned wild disappointment at what photographer filters can do to a home versus reality. 

I laughed and shared it all started off so romantic and hope-filled! Now I drive by a house before I tour it because the neighborhood counts, and I entirely nixed the best house we ever looked at because the road before you reached the allotment was ugly and I didn't want to drive down it everyday.

Oh my gosh [laughing] we sound like movie critics now walking through homes and post-tour. My girlfriend, our realtor, is a saint for what she does for a living. I feel like I text her every day, "HURRY!! We think we love this house!" Then, "Nope, the basement ceiling is too low."

Frequently, I'm taking Zillow sabbaticals, which last maybe 24 hours, then I'm looking to see if anything new has popped up. 

I've asked David when his closing date is, he's convinced it's in a month. This morning I requested he please ask his realtor. Let's just say it's a good thing, because he closes and has to be 100% out of his house in two weeks!! 

Hopes, dreams, and talking about life together, now has a move date!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love him and I cannot wait!

Let's just say...