Sunday, August 1, 2021

Class of '81 Reunion Weekend

 


This was the Class of '81 Reunion Weekend. Working and juggling my events with reunion festivities, all I can say is, thank you Jesus it's raining outside. I'm tired and I've probably had 10 more hours of sleep than David has. 

Friday night we arrive at the local tavern for the first nights casual gathering. One doesn't simply show up, one arrives, and we certainly did. Honestly, you would think David is a celebrity!! Both guys and girls went nuts when he arrived and I enjoyed seeing him embraced, adored, and him laughing and hugging his friends from so many years ago. 

It was the guys that kept coming up to me... "He is a ROCKSTAR!" Telling me his stories, sports successes, pranks, etc. He is certainly well-loved. There was a big turnout and many traveled through states to attend their 40th class reunion. All night he was slapped on the back, hugged, and loved. The guys loved him, the girls loved him, and I smiled just watching him. 

David is kind all day long. He is gracious, loving, friendly, super funny and made each person feel special. It's just who he is. And me, I am so proud to be next to him. 


Saturday he golfed with everyone and after my wedding, I ran home to shower and join them for the Saturday night gathering. 

Name tags on, I could only laugh. He was Justin Cider. Lol I'm betting he talked her into being Anita Peters.


Quarterback of the football team and all around athletic rock star, what I didn't know was that he was in a singing group from a young age to singing in the high school ensemble. Of course he did! What on earth doesn't he do well? 


I love seeing him happy and I love him.