Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Birthday Date Day

 


I still date my daughter's and when asked what I want for my birthday, it's always a date day with them. 

Mariah asked how I wanted to spend my birthday date day and as an Events Director, I prattled off a list of activities. When we couldn't decide, I combined!

Our date day and it was a full day, started off on the towpath biking, then canoeing.


It was sunny and upper 70's the weather could not have been more perfect! I used to take my girls canoeing when they were little. In fact, Brooke was a baby in a carrier and I would sit her in the carrier in the canoe. The water was only a couple feet deep. It's what we used to do and it had been too many years. It was relaxing being on the water again.

A quick stop at a quaint coffee café, we perused the small towns shops and made a fun new find. 


Biking and canoeing, hair up!! It's a momma + daughter date day. No judgment here. Picking up dinner, we came back to my house to cool off and float in the pool.


A quick stop for a specialty coffee, a walk in the park, we came back home to watch television together. 

It was a lovely day with my little girl. 

Mariah just turned 26 years old and Jeremy just turned 39. Tonight is a surprise date night in celebration of both their birthdays with David & I. I'm super excited, they have no idea!!