Sunday, August 1, 2021

Our New Church

 



Today was long time coming. Years of prayer and God's blessings, today was our 1st church service in our new and permanent church. 

Pulling in to the ribbon cutting, everyone outside excited to get in and see our new home church, I was grateful the weather was perfect and beautiful. 

I know the back story. My brother the preacher, when he called me from college and said he wants to go into the ministry and was afraid to tell mom and dad. I remember driving him down to Liberty University that first time in the pickup truck on a hot day with no air conditioning and no radio. We weren't on the highway for 10 minutes when I told Jason to knock our mom out. lol

I remember my brothers journey, family wanting him to break away from where he was preaching to start his own church. I remember when he did, he needed space and my venue became our temporary church location for 1-1/2 years. 

Today is important to so many in our church, but it really is to our family who was there from my brothers calling to cutting the ribbon and walking inside today. 

To have my mom & dad, David, and Brooke & Alex, my brother's family and a congregation who pulled their strengths together to make it happen... today is significant.