Sunday, May 16, 2021

The Opposite of Who I Am

 


I am six weeks post covid and finally getting my energy back. 

For a girl who never, ever, ever gets sick and went 8 years without going to the doctor, covid kicked my butt! Looking back I probably should have gone to the doctors during the days it hurt to breathe and I wish I would have taken an extra week off work. I was in no condition with extreme fatigue to go back into the office, let alone back-to-back events that kept knocking me back on my butt.

Trying to get my energy levels back, I started walking a little bit farther each day. Thursday I finally reached 10K steps for the first time in 1-1/2 months. Thank goodness, because the wedding yesterday, I reached 17,649 steps, and still felt fine. 

It was hard sitting still. It's frustrating having so many things I needed to do and no energy to accomplish them. It's the opposite of who I am. 

It's behind me and with renewed energy is truly a new appreciation for being healthy and active again.