Tuesday, September 15, 2020

What I've Learned Losing 50 Lbs

 


I did it. At 6 months on Keto, I have lost 50 lbs!

Let's just say that I am not proud sharing I had 50 lbs to lose, but I share because I am grateful at 50 years old I knew I could get it off and I did. Thanks to Dr. Josh Axe Keto Diet (his is the healthy version of Keto), I hit a significant goal.

No, I am not stopping here. 

Let me be honest and say I am really comfortable with my body and I could stop here and be content, but I'm not. At 50 years old, I want to see how responsive my body is to keep going while adding strength training.

There is a list of goals I still want to accomplish for the sake of having goals, because we should always have something to work towards to achieve.

If I want something, I eat it, I just don't eat it every day. I know the food combinations to eat that puts me into ketosis and my body naturally burns fat. 

What I've learned on Keto... I've learned to enjoy the taste of vegetables more. I've learned that eating 6 oz of meat makes me feel like I have a brick in my stomach. Eating foods low in carbs and little natural sugar, if I eat something with sugar, I get an instant headache. Sweet wine is now too sweet. 

I've learned how dangerous processed sugar is to the body. How the American diet is made up of processed sugar, grease, processed foods, no wonder there are so many diseases. 

I've learned the nutritional value of organic, free-range, and wild caught food has significantly more nutrition. They may cost slightly more at the store, but it is better to pay for better nutrition now than the pharmacy later. 

Good health is a blessing. What you add in your body is a choice. Choose wisely. 

Thank you, Dr. Josh Axe.