Tuesday, September 29, 2020

It Was Time...

 


There has always been a defining moment with others that my attention was captured and I felt the switch from friendship to more. With time you begin to love.

David is different.

I couldn't put my finger on any defining moment. The moment our eyes met, he was magnetic. The air changed, something in the universe shifted, and I couldn't get enough of him. I knew... and it was all together different. 

Instead of falling in love with him, I know I was in love with him my whole life, I just couldn't find him. It took 50 years. 

God knew. Timing is everything and He picked this most perfect season in my life for for our paths to cross. I'm grateful for the years I took off from dating. For being still and truly wanting God to pick the perfect man for my life.

The prayers that went up, "please, don't forget all the details that were important to me,  I know I have forgotten..."

David's life was in a perfect place for us to meet, too. 

When we met, my soul recognized him. "There you are..." There was no falling in love with him, I was always in love with him. 

I know he says he feels like he's always known me. 

Perhaps, our souls knew when God said it was time to meet.