Thursday, September 24, 2020

Heartbeat

 


I clicked on the video Mariah sent me and I heard the strong heartbeat of my grandbaby in her womb.

I'm certain she has listened to the video of her baby's heartbeat over and over, and I have to. As the momma of the mom-to-be, my mom instincts are as alive as they've ever been. Now, there are two, my baby and my baby's baby. 

There are two in heaven I long to meet one day and I am so grateful for the heartbeat of this grandbaby I already am in love with. The thrill of smelling a newborn, learning if it's a girl or boy, what/who will it look like, and falling in love with it's unique personality, hopes and dreams. There is so much to look forward to.

For Sofia, I had a nice size baby shower and gifts. For Rowan, I had a "sprinkle" and let her pick out a piece of furniture. For this baby, I have Bump Boxes being delivered to Mariah once a month. They are pregnancy boxes with special things just for her being pregnant. 

Let's be honest, I will find plenty of gifts for my grandbaby's birth. It's part of the joy being a grandmomma.