Sunday, October 13, 2019

1st Sunday


For years and years and years, I've often hoped and wished my brother would start his own church.

He was a co-pastor at a small church with an older congregation and I always felt he was far too talented a pastor within those confines. There is a season for everything and that is where he was meant to be.

I've also have been wanting to find a new home church and I haven't been settled on one specific church for a host of reasons for quite a long time.

But (That means, wait! There's more!), today.

Today was the 1st Sunday of my brother starting his own church!!!

We weren't sure if there would be 10 or 20 people there and were stunned as those who know my brother well continued to walk through the doors. His first Sunday and there were 70!

It was amazing and my brother is amazing. If he wasn't, I wouldn't say he was.

Coffee, pastries, and fellowship, not a stranger walked into the room. Some said, I will leave my church if he [my brother] ever starts his own church. Today arrived and those waiting to be a part of this walked through the doors committed.

There was excitement in the air and some pretty great preaching!