Sunday, December 3, 2017

Stitched With Love

I cannot help but think how blessed Sofia is.

A photo came through a text, their Christmas tree is now up. I see my breathtaking and beautiful granddaughter in her daddy's arms on her 1st Christmas and I am so grateful.


Have I said how much she loves her daddy? In her eyes he hung the moon and stars! He is a wonderful daddy and I love him when he says he uses "patient hands" when it comes to Sofia.

I'm am surrounded by fabric, sequins, thread and instructions as I make Sofia's Christmas stocking. A keepsake stitched with love. I have so many hours ahead of me and there are shortcuts I could take to expedite the process, but this stocking with be with her for decades and I think of those almond-shaped, brown eyes and I want it to be perfect for her.

Southern gospel music in the air, my reader glasses on and stitching, it is a grandmother moment and I feel as if I should look much older than I do.

I'm doing this for her every Christmas when she pulls her stocking out and looks at it fondly.