Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Snow Globe World


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

It looks like a snow globe world outside, picturesque and perfect. In my arms sleeping was my 17 lb. sweet & chubby granddaughter who is growing more every time I see her. Her warm little body, her baby scent, those cheeks that beg to be kissed, nestled in my arms with the snow falling outside, the glow of the Christmas tree, and my Mariah and I watching a romantic Christmas movie.

Some moments, I want time to slow down.

Sofia trying to sit up, I made a quick decision and ran to the store to buy her a seat, comfy yet more upright. There are so many new baby things nowadays and I was relieved when I found a next stage bouncy seat that sits upright versus lays back. Perfect for her to watch cartoons.

Sofia loves cartoons!

Mariah & Jeremy by choice does not have television stations in their home. At grandma's house, Sofia now has her upright bouncy seat and a large television that must feel theater-style to her.



Those brown almond-shaped eyes, those chubby cheeks, little button nose, and those sweet little wet bow-tie lips, many times I looked at her and would see her mommy as a baby.

I never knew what a gift it would be, to hold my baby's baby, her little mini-me.


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas; 
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.