Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Sofia Goes To The Hospital

I saw the text from Jeremy first that they took Sofia to the hospital, she was sick, he shared her symptoms and said the doctor was running tests and a chest xray on her. 

Then ... I heard my Mariah's voicemail she had left trying to get a hold of me. She left a message and honestly I cannot even remember what she said, it was her voice that I remember most. She was trying to hold it together, frantically trying to get a hold of Jeremy, me, somebody. It was a new mom tone, something was really wrong and she needed guidance and quick! Sofia screaming unlike I've ever heard her in the background. Her voicemail genuinely rattled me and when I called her back immediately and got her voicemail, I could feel myself fall apart. 

Thank God I just got in the car and was heading home on my last day of training. 

Poor little Sofia has a stomach virus and a respiratory virus with multi-miserable symptoms. 


Leaning on the side of safety and caution + a sound mind + knows how to make good decisions + love = I know my daughter is completely competent and capable of making best decisions regarding Sofia.

A tired new momma who takes extraordinary care of her little girl and this [Grand]momma on the way to spend the day helping her out. I wanted to hug Mariah first because this is all so new and I know it's hard. 

Poor sweet baby, she is so justifiably miserable. 

And me, I got to spend the whole day snuggling and loving on my granddaughter and time with my Mariah.

Mariah is one smart momma! She quickly made a post on Facebook asking for prayers as she was taking Sofia to the hospital yesterday. Our sweet baby was immediately covered in prayer from many, many prayer warriors. 

This [Grand]momma is still on standby and yes, I wash poopy diapers. I don't do puke!