Monday, May 11, 2015

New Snuggles

I forgot how much work a kitten is.

Even in the happiness of bringing him home, it was like pulling a band-aid off and I found myself teary and missing my Sammy Blue.

Solomon is a sweet boy. Playful, snugly, inquisitive, and full of energy. When his energy depletes, he is quite the baby crying and needing snuggle time.

Our home suddenly feels busy again with a little furry family member underfoot.

It is so hard not to compare this new little boy with my beloved Sammy Blue. Their markings different, their personalities slightly different, as we are getting into a new routine with Solomon, his new acclimation and snuggles are warming my heart.

I love the feel of his warm little body and fur snuggled at my neck purring. As sweet as he can be and his baby moments are filling the hole that Sammy left when he passed away far too young.

Solomon is a perfect addition to our home and our family.