Sunday, May 3, 2015

A New Season in Life

Last night, Mariah's Jeremy joined our family dinner at my mom & dad's for the 1st time. Invited as her significant and included in a meal with laughter and fun was a special dynamic for me, as her mom.

I know she is crazy in love with him.

I am so happy for her as she holds on and cherishes exactly what she wants in life.

An invitation came for Brooke's Alex high school graduation party. While he is her 1st significant puppy love, both of my girls lives have transitioned from little girls into young ladies who love love and embrace their relationship as great importance in their lives.

They are mine.

To see my Mariah put her head on Jeremy's shoulder happy and at peace and him slip his arm around her, I know his presence with family is everything to her and I am happy for her happiness.

She has waited a long time, not-so-patiently and patiently for her life with Jeremy.

She holds steadfast to her dreams and to buck that will be met with absolute resistance. Good for you, baby girl.

Stand stalwart and strong in the face of adversity towards anything that tries to shake your dreams.

I am more than ready for my family to extend.