Sunday, May 17, 2015

An Unexpectedly Good Time


I meant it as a verbal affirmation how much I enjoyed our evening when we were driving home and I said, "I had an unexpectedly good time with you tonight!"

This is me reflecting a very fun evening and sharing my happiness with him.

I hurt his feelings.

He states he always has a good time with me.

It gets worse ...

I list the things that I enjoyed so much about our evening: A warm night, a patio, a bottle of wine, our new favorite pizza, live music and dancing.

NOTE: David pointed out he was not listed in this list of enjoyments.

I fall on the sword of perhaps, quite possibly my brain isn't functioning a 100% capacity due to him keeping my glass of wine replenished.

What I meant with the unexpectedly good time was that we had no plans. It was 6 o'clock on a Friday night when he mentioned driving to Geneva which is 1-1/2 hours away. I offer closer suggestions and realize that was what he wanted to do.

Our evening went from no plans to sitting outdoors, trying a new bottle of wine after sampling a new ice wine (which became a quick favorite for him), and a musician playing a host of music from Johnny Cash, Bee Gee's, Beatles, etc. Even though the musician wasn't that good, his music selection was really good.

David and I danced our 1st slow dance! Two years together and we danced our 1st slow dance to Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight.

Our new favorite pizza they make is the seafood pizza with shrimp, scallops, mozzarella, and alfredo sauce is bursting in flavor and I rejoiced at each bite.

It was an unplanned, unexpected evening of new firsts with my senses heightened enjoying being outdoors, with live music, awesome food, laughing, and ambiance, but it is my perfect that made the evening perfect.

Wonderful Tonight
It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear.
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long brown hair.
And then she asks me, "Do I look all right?"
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight."
We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me.
And then she asks me, "Do you feel all right?"
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight."
I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes.
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you.