Monday, July 28, 2014

A Whirlwind Birthday Weekend

It was a whirlwind birthday weekend filled with work, family, friends and David.

We slipped away for the day to Headlands Beach for Beachfest among thousands who were enjoying the vendors wares along the sidewalks, flying kites, watching professional sand sculptures, kayaking, boating and playing in the sand.

Live music filled the air and it made a perfect day-escape!

Our bikes go well together on the back of his truck and with my new bike, all-inclusive with necessary accessories, we both officially look like professional bikers. I LOVE our new hobby!

Warrior Dash is in two weeks so I need to step my workouts up to another level.

School starts in three weeks for Brooke.

I feel the familiar sense of "Have I done everything this summer I wanted to?" In reality, it is beautiful in Ohio through October; however, I need to list the things I want to do and plan them wisely.

Being in my 40's truly is quality of life. My girls getting older and all of us experiencing new freedoms, my home established, a new career embraced, life is now about simply maintaining, enjoying and not needing.

Life has become the theme of summer. What haven't I done that I want to do?

I am in the window of life being established and my focus is on experiencing new things, going places I've never been, making the most of everything with a strong focus on health & fitness.

It is almost as if life has been the journey filled with having a family, working, building a home and filling it, raising children, establishing a career and a lot of hard work ... to finally making it to the destination of "Ahhhhh ... I've arrived!"

Still young and active, quality of life phase, I embrace you!