Friday, July 4, 2014

Autopilot

All of us seem to be running on autopilot.

Mariah running on a million thoughts, prayers, love and attention by everyone is keeping her mind and life busy through this week as her dad's funeral is taking place. Greeting countless people at calling hours, smiling in conversation, hugs and hearing condolences keeping her mind going full-speed while remaining polite and gracious, others acknowledge her loss.

Brooke, balancing the difference between her own dads death and Mariah's dads while finding her equilibrium that it is far different and 2-1/2 years of dread to find she isn't reliving her own dads experience has been her relief.

Me ... I'm carefully watching over both my girls. Keeping my finger on their pulses making sure both of them are handling his death in a healthy and safe way.

It wasn't until I was quickly changing after work for calling hours did an elephant feel like it was sitting on my chest. Suddenly, it felt hard to breathe.

The reality is, while life is truly running on autopilot at the moment, I am entering the 2nd funeral of my child's father.

Life throws twists and turns we never anticipate.