Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Graduation Day

Mariah said not to iron her graduation gown because the fabric will burn, that it's okay to be wrinkled.

Not a chance. My daughter is not walking across stage with 472 graduating Seniors in front of thousands of people wrinkled. Nostalgia filled my thoughts ironing her graduating gown and the first onset of tears came.

Pomp and Circumstance graduation music filled the auditorium as the Seniors walked down the aisles to their seats one after the other in a grand parade. Their caps and gowns signifying the crescendo of their school years as they enter true adulthood in this traditional celebration ceremony.

Then ... I saw my beautiful girls face walking down the aisle. She should be 3 years old, but there she is breathtaking and beautiful, 18 years old and entering a whole new season in life with unlimited options.

Her dad made it. Barely, but he made it and when I told him I am so glad he did, he blinked.


We were all there, in the front row as they called her name and she walked across the stage in a confident stride and shook hands with Administration as she accepted her high school diploma.

Congratulations to my 2014 graduate!