Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Full-Time Meal Ministry

Two months of training and the Board approved that I am now full-time and 100% over the meal ministry.

Not am I only over the meal ministry, but I have presented our missions need to have a strong presence in our community and surrounding communities as far as I can reach to take us to the next level of growth. I am now over social media and content writing for our website, brochures and social media sites.

It's kind of what I do.

Get into something and growing it into a million directions for variety sake. Professional chaos both drives, challenges, and stimulates me; thus my need for David to be a rock and my steadfast foundation in life.

Being over the meal ministry has me leading countless, because I have no idea truly how many hundreds of volunteers, staff, college and community service people I direct on a monthly basis. The opportunities that present themselves every day all day where others look to me for counsel, guidance and help in need of basic necessities and/or a safe place to sleep.

Our mission is the only one like it in our county and USA Today has rated our county as 1 of the most 10 depressed areas in the United States.

I care for the homeless, the hungry, the broken, the addicted and the mentally ill. My dinner guests range from 6 weeks old to 94 years old and everything in between.

What an awesome responsibility.

What an awesome God.

I was on a quest for significance and He placed me on the front line.