Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Irrational Moment

Yesterday morning I was heading out to do a list of errands, then work, then come home and mow when David pulled in the driveway to surprise me. 

Back up to last week ... both my lawn mowers stopped self-propelling on the same day last week, so my dad raced over and unbeknown to me he mowed my yard with broken self-propelled mower then whisked my one mower to the shop to get fixed, thank you dad! 

Running down my laundry list of poor me to-do's, in my rant that my yard looks horrible this week I actually started crying and said, "the houses at the end of the street have their lawns looking better than mine!" And the tears would not stop.

My charming significant other started laughing at the ridiculousness of my irrational behavior, wiped my tears, and hugged me. 

Later in the afternoon I got a text, "I fixed the mower."  *sigh*  My hero .  He mowed my yard when I was at work and fixed my 2nd broken mower by buying me a brand new Honda mower that was sitting in my garage when I came home from work with dinner cooking on my new grill! 

There is something so incredibly sexy about a man who cooks! After we had dinner, he gave me the  Lawn Mower 101 lessons of do's and don'ts. He walked through the functionality of my new mower, told me about oil changes, and some other things I've already forgotten. Two words:  Remind me.  

I am a lucky girl to have such great men in my life!