Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Grad Plans Coming Together

There was so much to do yesterday in preparation for a graduation party this weekend. I felt numb like I was walking through a dream and I remember the familiar feelings of Keith's death.

My Mariah came home from school early crying and needing mommy time. So much is about to happen.  I balanced being a rock for her and getting things done.

I remembered why I started this blog years ago, to capture life for my daughters. Should something happen to me while they are young, they wouldn't forget our life together, who I was, what I believed in, what I fought for, how I loved, and to have my voice inside their heads when they forget.

Yesterday was one of those days where I put one foot in front of the other, what do I do next ...

A caterer was found, food was sampled, a decision made.  Check.

From store to store, party decor was picked out.  Check.

Graduation invitations were created, electronically shared, printed, and picked up.  Check.

A call was placed to my sister-in-law and her graduation cake is being made.  Check.

Many notified.  Check.

Fifteen years ago my brother was about to take a pastors job in Tampa, Florida when his then girlfriend said she quit college and she is going with him. They couldn't go unmarried and I planned their wedding in 2 days. Today we laugh and remember that day. Melissa and I in the car racing home from the mall, my painting my nails while driving, having just picked out her wedding dress 1-1/2 hours till the wedding ceremony.

A lot can be accomplished in a short period of time.

A lot was accomplished yesterday, we took a short break from stress and time was spared to run off to a Mother & Daughter Banquet with Mariah where she was chosen to give her testimony. *Ignore my overly exaggerated smile ... I was driving and leaning in for a quick selfie pic with Mariah.