Sunday, February 17, 2013

Readers

After two years of not being able to focus at close range or read small print with my contacts in, I made the huge acceptance leap and bought a pair of chic readers.

I say acceptance, because I am no longer fighting the fact that age is affecting my eyesight.

Laughingly, I say the next time a 20'something or a 30'something gets flirty, I'm pulling my readers out and only hours later, I put my theory to the test.  My girls and I go out for the evening to see STOMP at our local performing arts theater, when a group of guys late teens and early 20's were rudely breaking their necks staring at us only three seats away. Mariah insisted it was me they were staring at.

I'm jumping up and down inside excited to test my theory of I'm older than you think. I pulled my readers out and put them on down low (as instructed) to read the program.  Mariah is mortified and says, "Mom, they make you look old!"  Perfect, that is exactly what I am going for!

It didn't hinder our group of onlookers, but I did feel a bit empowered that I have found a great buzzkill for the younger generation.