Saturday, February 16, 2013

Instant Boyfriend

During a conversation I was having with Eric, Mariah's dad, he asked, "Is Mike still harassing Mariah?"

"Oh no, let me explain ..." and I squashed his concerns.

Mike was Mariah's first real boyfriend she dated for 1-1/2 years. She ended the relationship with him last summer and broke his heart.

She has another she is crazy about.

A few weeks ago, they had a moment in the hallway at high school and they came back to our house to talk. There had been hard feelings on Mike's end from being hurt, but because they still care about each other they agreed to stay best friends.

Friends that kiss.

Mariah enjoys this instant boyfriend relationship. Enjoys the adoration, feeling cherished, kissed, but not commited.

Five days in a row Mike was at our house.

She received two bouquets and ice cream outside our front door when he wasn't here.

He texts, he calls. Mariah explains to him she doesn't want a relationship, he pulls out all the stops and says he wants to be involved in church with her, which was an issue when they were dating. She yells in text, "Stop bothering me! Stop texting me!"

He panics and tries harder.

Poor Mike. I call Mariah out and tell her to not play this game with him, he is emotional, and it's not fair.

"Eric, Mike is not harassing Mariah ..."I explain.  I know he is worried and feels powerless to do anything, but I assure him that I am on it. If it was harassment, I personally would end it.

Valentine's Day comes. Mike and Mariah went on a nice date, he bought her a camo shirt & hat for their bonfire/mudding field party last night that everyone from high school went to.

Mike is a Senior and such a good looking boy. Mike & Mariah are a popular "couple" in high school (another perk Mariah likes) and many are happy to see them together ... besides Mike's girlfriend he just broke up with the day after he kissed my Mariah again.

It is for Mariah to make her own decisions in life. It is for me to get on her and teach her to play nicely when she isn't playing a fair game with a boy who genuinely loves her.

Instant boyfriend.

I don't know where she gets this from.