Sunday, December 30, 2012

Farewell 2012

How do you not reflect over the past year as a new year approaches.

Do you assess one way or another it was a good year or a bad year? A conversation I had with a good friend as she counted the bad things that happened to her. I was ready with some strong points of the especially good things that happened to her as a reminder.

This year, 2012, was a very good year and a year like no other! I celebrated summer like a rock star, enjoyed 10 months off of work being at home with my girls, my personal life was surrounded by the ones that mean the most to me, my girls are both becoming more independent every year and I am enjoying a new found sense of freedom.

Starting off the new year in a new career I am excited about has my mind back in the game of life.

Challenged. Stimulated. Career girl.

I am refreshed, rejuvenated and ready for 2013.

The new year will bring a monster of its own with Mariah's dad and as we pull out of that storm in life, my Mariah will soon be 18 years old, a Senior in high school next August and a college/university will be chosen. These are the only things I can anticipate as I wonder what the new year will bring. Everything else will be life surprises that become part of the journey in our life.

For me, I want to travel. My Brooke wants to swim with the dolphins and I am ready for a white sand beach vacation. I also want to go on a spa resort vacation while enjoying outdoor excursions out west in breathtakingly beautiful Sedona, Arizona. I am not putting off a dream destination vacation any longer for myself, I'm just going to do it.

I've learned to become unstuck.

New Years Day 2013, I'm ready.