Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Mommy-Daughter Day

December 26th brought the most beautiful *winter wonderland* snow storm!

It feels like Christmas and I am not at all ready to take down our decor, I want Christmas to last just a little bit longer.

The snow storm had us trapped inside, which I secretly love. Plenty of food, a fire in the fireplace, no place to go, but to look at the picture perfect scene outside the windows of my home.

As if after a busy holiday season God said to relax, slow down, and enjoy it. I did.

I was good for one day. Thursday I went into the office to work a few hours when Mariah text me from her dad's house that she is going stir-crazy could we have a mommy-daughter day?

I smiled at her text and I am so happy both my girls love their special mommy-daughter days with me. I text her back, "Sorry, I am working, but Brookie is home if you want to go home and spend time with her."

Do I feel guilty I am working?  No. For 10 months I was there for their every beckon call.

Mommy-daughter day usually costs me. It's a movie, shopping, and always includes going out to eat somewhere. I have taken my girls on dates since they were tiny.

Mariah went home for a few hours and spent time with Brooke and they watched the movie Pitch Perfect together. I'm glad they both (Brooke) stopped what they were doing and did something together for a few hours, without me.