Monday, December 3, 2012

A Christmas Cottage

In the midst of the Christmas season, my girls and I love our home transformed into the warmth of a Christmas cottage ...


A fire in the fireplace, our Christmas tree glowing in decor that matches our home. Everything in chocolate, deep reds, and ivory.

The same decorations year after year. Sometimes I think I should just update everything, but everything matches our home and makes Christmas familiar. Someday I'm hoping my girls will have memories of each piece carefully chosen and have fond memories of how pretty and comfy our home is.

All those miscellaneous tree ornaments that don't match ... well, they go on the "banister of misfit ornaments." Remember the Christmas cartoon with the island of misfit toys? That is our banister.

Wrapped in garland, covered in miscellaneous ornaments collected through the years and where our candy canes are hung. We love it!

I would like to thank the Lifetime channel for hosting one Christmas movie after another all evening, every evening. It is the perfect touch to our entire month of Christmas.