Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Faithful God

Ten months ago when I walked away from corporate America as a single parent, it was a leap of faith beyond what words can express.

It was leaving financial comfort, while knowing my season there had ended, I embraced the unknown.

My dream situation was having the summer off, then look for a job when my girls started back to school in September. That was my limited perspective. God's is so much greater than mine!

What I received was a summer like I have never experienced in my life and time at home with my girls who needed me here during this time in their lives. It was showered in blessings.

School started back and guiltily I confess I still wasn't ready to go back to work, I just got the days back to myself! Then October came. I love October. I love autumn. I love the sunshine and cooler temperatures. I love Sweetest Day.

In "my" ideal ideal situation, I would be ready to go back to work in November. If I had, I would have missed out on Brooke's dream birthday surprise. I got that, too.

I'm refreshed and more than ready for what comes next. I am a career girl.

What is it I want to do?  I had a very honest conversation with God to open the right opportunity and give me the peace of mind that I knew exactly what job to say "Yes" to.  I'm asking God for supernatural opportunities and blessings.

I had two similar scenarios once upon a time:

     *One day (13 years ago) I updated my resume to see what job opportunities were available in hospitals local to where I moved to so I wouldn't have to commute so far and was interviewed and hired within 24 hours. It was a whirlwind and I wasn't ready for such a quick decision that became the best move for me.

     *After renting for years, my dad asked if I was interested in buying a house? I wasn't really, but agreed to look at a house in our community that he said would be perfect. An offer was made, my mortgage was only $15 more than I paid rent and I was moved in at record speed. We love our home still today. Another whirlwind I hadn't sought out.

I like whirlwinds of blessings. It feels as if it is destined and I am simply being carried through the decision.

Here I am now. "God, please do that magical thing you do where opportunities open and I know they are blessed by you."

In October one of my best girlfriends called and asked if I was ready to go back to work. "YES!" She has worked for an amazing company and couldn't be happier. Her company has a newly created position open that all my job experience has me perfect for. The executives are excited to meet me.

I interviewed with the President & CEO, the VP, and my girlfriend present. The interview went exceptionally well, she said I "rocked it and they love me!" I'm excited about the company, I'm excited to work with my girlfriend again, and love that the company office is NYC chic!

I'm a career girl. My time at home was priceless with my girls and I went through an amazing season in my life I needed. Faith took me there, gave me more than what I hoped for, and brought me out in a much better place.

My faithful God took my leap of faith and blessed it beyond measure.