Monday, December 3, 2012

Prayers of Safety Over My Home

Saturday night Brooke, my dad and I went to Dickens Victorian Village for a walk back in time through Olde England with 88 scenes, over 180 lifelike figures representing Victorian society.

I'm glad my dad, Papa, went with us.

Here is my dad and Brooke in front of a building that was a light show to Christmas music ...


On the way home, he shared story after story of his life when he was in the Navy. He shared stories where miraculously he lived when he shouldn't have on a few occasions in life. His stories were fascinating and I enjoyed hearing them.

It got me thinking ... have I ever been close to death and not realized it?

Fast forward to today.

My furnace went out last week and I am heating my home with a space heater. Believe me when I say prayers are going up for not needing to replace the furnace. The timing right now is really bad for it to act up, but I know everything happens for a purpose, and I am thankful I could handle it financially if it did.

A repair man came today and was less than pleased to see the vent from the furnace in the dirt, plugged with mud inside of it. He says, "this is what causes carbon monoxide poisoning."  The vent will be altered tomorrow.

Then, the repair man pulls a thing out of the furnace, looked at me and said to my dad and I, "God is watching out for you."  The piece was so corroded could have caused a gas explosion.

My dad and I were stunned and I told my dad that I always say prayers of safety over my home. 

I have always said prayers of safety over my girls and I do over our home.

Only $50 later, my furnace is running strong and safety measures put into place. That was a close call with all the things that could have gone wrong and a close call financially.

I wonder how many safety situations have been held off because of prayer.

I wonder that I wondered this only a few days ago if was this my "Yes."