Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston Dies

If I should stay,
I would only be in your way.
So I'll go, but I know
I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way.
And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
You, my darling you. Hmm.
Bittersweet memories
that is all I'm taking with me.
So, goodbye. Please, don't cry.
We both know I'm not what you, you need.
And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I received a text from my mom last night, "Whitney Houston just died!" Initially I felt bad in a "that's sad" kind of a way, but the thought of her death wouldn't leave my mind.

She was 48 years old. Keith was 48 years old.

Drugs had taken a toll on her life. Drugs had taken a toll on Keith's life.

She had a daughter she left behind. Keith had a daughter he left behind, Brooke.

Drugs. Broken relationships. Broken lives. 

All so unnecessary.

Brooke and I are listening to the radio and she is singing and dancing next to me.  I look over and see her dad. She is so much like him, like him in so many good ways. Sometimes she does expressions and I see him not her. I smile at her and miss him.

The radio began paying tribute to Whitney today. I couldn't help it, sometimes the tears flow for the unnecessary of it all.

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of.
And I wish to you, joy and happiness.
But above all this, I wish you love.
And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you. I,
I will always love you.
You, darling, I love you. Ooh, I'll always, I'll always love you.