Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Leap of Faith

For seven years I have sat inside an office on my butt.

My work day was really much longer than an 8-hour shift. Every day I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to get myself & my girls ready and out the door. My commute was an hour round-trip and I did not take breaks or lunch so I could work straight through to get home to my littlest one. In reality it an 11-hour day. Then you add my BlackBerry that haunted me 24/7 even throughout the weekend, it never ended.

I ditched the BlackBerry and my phone number. Fresh beginnings are a cleansing process.

I forgot how much I missed the sunshine throughout the day. Just being in a car, feeling the sun through the windows and knowing I can walk outside into the sunshine when I desire to.

I missed taking vacation days that were supposed to be used for rest & relaxation, that became sick-child days or catch-up-on-life days. Even stay-cations became running endlessly and projects to catch up on.

Now I wake up and think "I have a whole day to myself." Once the magical school bus arrives, of course.

I cherish every entire day in front of me, alone and quiet, a gift to myself.

I am blessed.