Friday, January 13, 2012

Multi-Symptoming

It takes a good hearty virus to stop me in my tracks, but it happens once in a blue moon and it happened this week.

For weeks I have been miserable with multi-symtoms and living on meds that make me light-headed in order to function and get through my busy days. As a mom, I cling to the jingle, "I haven't got time for the pain."

After several nights on the couch after work with everything hurting and not being able to sleep, I went to the doctors. Severe bronchitis + a sinus infection.  A double whammy! A diagnosis enough to slow me down.

Sleeping on the couch so I could sleep sitting up, I set my alarm clock to get Brooke off to school. Brooke struggles between wanting to be helpful and over complaining, I believe that she isn't used to not being the center of attention. She is very helpful and thoughtful as long as it is on her terms & conditions.

We often say that we pray for Brooke's future husband. He will be a man of great patience and must excel in acts of service. Brooke wouldn't have it any other way!

Brooke takes her shower then proudly states, "I am going to pack my own lunch today! I need the practice for when I am in college and you may not be around every day to pack it for me!" 

Honest words spoken by a very honest Brooke.

Brooke and I will both be relieved when life gets back to normal.