Tuesday, January 3, 2012

An Autobiography

Brooke is writing an autobiography on herself for a school project. 
She wants it to sound sensational and fun to impress on what she has done and her accomplishments, but it isn’t describing her.  Not the Brooke I would describe.
Brooke, my little girl that is stuck in between being a little girl who loves to play with toys and Barbie dolls, and Brooke the pre-teen who is transitioning into a young woman.
My Brooke is a home body. She loves to be at home, play outdoors all day, ride her scooter, play with the neighbor boys, loves technology, loves ice cream and isn’t quite into the phase of liking showers every day.  Quite honestly, it’s what we argue the most about.
Debbie, her dad’s partner, brought her Christmas presents. Gift cards and a body spray/lotion set.  Debbie asked Brooke if she like body spray.  Brooke gladly replied, “I love body sprays and I will wear it the days I don’t take showers!”  Well said Brooke and she meant it. I couldn’t stifle my laugh!
That is Brooke.
Too bad it isn’t a biography and I get to write it! J